All reservations remain subject to the owners’ approval. The owner may cancel reservations at any time including reservations with deposits in place. The owners will make every effort to ensure the property is available as booked. However, the owners reserve the right to make alterations to bookings due to unforeseen circumstances such as: the property is sold, the property is altered in any way, changes to tariffs, malfunction of any equipment, the property is withdrawn from letting or the property has an owner booking. Should any of the above occur every reasonable endeavour will be made to find alternative accommodation. Otherwise all rental monies paid will be refunded in full. Travel insurance is recommended particularly for high cost bookings. Payment can be made via credit card (a 2% surcharge will apply), or by direct deposit.
A deposit of 50% of the tariff is required to secure a booking and is required within three (3) business days of the booking being made.
At the time we receive your deposit and confirm your booking you will be asked to return to our office an original signed copy of our Terms & Conditions, including your credit card details and driver’s license number. Failure to supply these within seven (7) business days may result in your booking being cancelled.
Your credit card is required to cover the cost of the stay, the bond, any additional costs incurred including but not limited to breakage, damage or excess cleaning requirements, extra guests beyond those declared, etc. An estimate will be taken when the property is inspected and this amount will be deducted immediately from the credit card provided. If the cost of the required works turns out to less than the estimate, we will reimburse you for the overpaid amount. If the invoices are higher than the amount deducted, we will deduct the outstanding amount from your credit card.
Extra Charges that may apply;
- Carpet Cleaning $100 minimum
- Removal of excess rubbish $50 minimum
- Loss of keys $150
- Damage/Breakages AT COST
- Balance of Payment:
The balance of the rental amount is to be paid in full 7 days prior to entering the property. Failure to pay the balance of the rental amount on time may result in the owner cancelling the booking and re-letting the property.
- Cancellation fee:
If a guest cancels a booking, no refund is available unless the property is re-let for the entire period. If a refund is made, then a $110.00 cancellation fee will apply. No refunds will be made for an early departure or refusal to stay at a booked property. Relocation is not an option. If the booking payment was made by Credit Card or EFTPOS the credit card surcharge will not be refunded.
A bond to the value of one nights stay is required from the tenant and is payable prior to the stay. The bond amount will be processed but not finalized unless it is required to pay for any damage to the property.
- Check in:
Check in is strictly between 2pm and 5pm on the day of arrival, unless otherwise agreed to. Registration upon arrival is required by the guest with presentation of photo I.D. and verification that the credit provided in the signed Terms & Conditions is valid. Two sets of keys are provided per booking. No parties will be given keys until a registration form has been completed and received by our office, the tariff for the stay has been paid in full and a pre-authorisation has been successfully completed with the credit card provided. In the event that the primary guest signing the terms and conditions form is not picking up the keys, they will need to provide written approval authorising an alternate guest to pick up the keys.
The authorised guest will be required to provide photo ID upon arrival. It is the guests’ responsibility to advise our office during business hours if they will be late or have been delayed, so that we can arrange an alternate means of key collection. In the case of an arrival after 7.30pm, should there be any issues with the property or maintenance requests, they will not be attended to until the next business day.
- Check out:
Check out is strictly 10am unless a late check out has been arranged in advance. The owner or his agent will arrive at the property at 10am to collect the keys. If you need to check out prior to 10am please advise the owner prior to leaving to attend at the specified time. The owner and the primary guest will inspect the property together prior to departure. The property should be left in a neat and tidy state. Fees will apply if the property requires excessive cleaning after your departure. These fees are detailed above. If a guest fails to return the owner by 10.00am without arranging a late check out in advance, a fee equivalent to one night’s accommodation will apply, depending on how late the keys are returned.
- Conditions of the stay:
- The number of guests should not exceed to the number indicated on the registration form or the number subsequently agreed in writing with our office. If at any time we find you are accommodating more people than you have advised, we have the authority to evict all guests from the property. A fee of $100 per additional guest will apply.
- No caravans are permitted on the premises.
- No pets are permitted on the property
- Two sets of keys will be provided for the duration of the stay. It is the responsibility of the tenants to coordinate the possession of keys between themselves. If these keys are lost or need to be replaced a fee of $150 will apply and will be charged immediately on departure.
- Parties and functions are strictly prohibited. The tariff charged is for domestic or corporate use only. Use contrary to this may result in the loss of your bond and/or additional fees.
- The owner reserves the right to inspect the property at any time of day or night if we are made aware of inappropriate behaviour or breach of these conditions. Disruptive or illegal behaviour will be grounds for immediate eviction from property.
- To ensure you are not charged for damage or excess cleaning that is the responsibility of the previous guest, please contact the owner immediately upon arrival to inform us so the items can be inspected. Do not rectify the problem your self. Failure to do so will attract any fees and charges payable as a result of the damage, cleaning, etc.
- No smoking is allowed anywhere inside the building. Be considerate and do not leave cigarette butts on the ground outside.
- Pets are not allowed anywhere on the property. Additional fees may apply if we find pets inside a property. There will also be a fee charged to you if we are required to clean up after your pets following your stay.
- The owner takes no responsibility for guests’ personal property if left at the property.
- All losses, breakages and damage must be replaced, paid for or made good to the satisfaction of the owner.
- All guest rooms are include items such as sheets, towels, doona and covers, pillows and pillow cases, sheets, and toiletries. With the exception of coffee, tea and sugar food and beverages are not provided.
- The property/surroundings must be clean and tidy and any rubbish is to be left in bags in the correct outside bins when you vacate.
- A BBQ may be provided at the property for your use. Please ensure the BBQ and BBQ utensils are left cleaned upon your departure. If the gas bottle on the BBQ runs out of gas you will be reimbursed for the cost of exchanging the gas bottle at the local service station upon presentation of a receipt.
- We do not guarantee TV reception or performance or internet performance.
- Indemnity – You, the guest, indemnify the owner against any liability which may attach to the owner as a result of damage, injury or loss being personal or proprietary suffered by any person where damage, injury or loss has been contributed to or caused by any act or occasion of the tenant, guests or his/her visitor.
- Privacy collection notice – Your personal information collected by Ventnor House is used to allow us to provide a professional service. We are required to obtain your consent to the collection and use of your personal information. The information collected may be disclosed to other parties including tradespeople, state and government authorities, essential services such as the police, ambulance and fire brigades. If you would like to access your personal information held by us, you can do so by contacting Ventnor House in writing.